Monday, May 3, 2010

What celeb moms love most!

Mother’s Day is not too far away and we’re all in a frenzy shopping for gifts, last minute gift wrapping, making cards… Whatever you’re going to surprise your mom with, you’ll be more surprised if you ask her what her favourite gift of all time is.

She won’t talk about the diamond necklace your dad gave her, or the jewellery she got from her mom, because her favourite gift has and always will be you! Okay, so let’s not get way too emotional here, though it’s hard not to.

This time around we decided to reverse things. No ‘What do you think of your mom?’ or ‘What will you get your mom for Mother’s Day?’ or even ‘What do you love about your mom?’ We decided to ask a few celebrity moms and iDiva readers what they thought about their kids and how they balance work as well as motherhood. Here's what they had to say about motherhood:


“It’s natural with me. A lot of it has to do with time management. Everyday you know what you have to do and what you have in store for you. Although many-a-times a few unexpected things pop up that you have to handle, but I try and manage. My work is such that I can choose if I want to work or don’t want to. I can choose my assignments. So I try to balance it out and give as much time to my kids as possible.” - Aditi Govitrikar, model, actress and doctor “My girls are the best thing about being a mama! I have two girls and I make sure that everything I do for them, I work damn hard at it. There’s a lovely one-liner I was gifted by a dear girlfriend that says ‘Moms…Not all superheroes wear capes!’ I think that says it all. I am also very lucky to have a great support system in my mom and Farhan’s mom too.” - Adhuna Akthar, celebrity hairstylist





“The best thing about being a mother is the unconditional love and adoration you get from your kids. My two-and-a-half-year-old daughter thinks her mommy is the best; and my six-month-old son looks at me with complete adoration. It’s a fantastic, indescribable feeling. All of a sudden you have two lives you are completely responsible for, two minds you can influence. You want to give them the best of yourself and everything around - be it moral values, principles, an education and basically every opportunity in the world to be the best that they can be.” - Perizaad Zorabian Irani, actress

“It's all about what you love doing. You always have the time for what you love and who you love. I love my kids and my work. They are mutually exclusive and not in competition for my time, my kids always being my first priority.” - Queenie, jewellery designer and columnist.

“It’s not an easy thing being a mom because kids need constant attention especially when they’re at that tender age. Even though I work I make sure I get up two hours earlier to get my kids ready for school, make sure they have breakfast and prepare lunch for them as well. So by the time they get back from school they have everything ready. I love my kids so I don’t see it as a task I have to do.” - Prina Dutta, 35, relationship manager

“I think the best thing about being a mom is the amount of love I get from my kids in the most simple and random of situations. Even when my son gives me a card he made for me, my entire day brightens up. Or when my daughter kisses me goodnight and says ‘I love you mommy’, it’s the best feeling ever.” -Karen D’Silva, 32, marketing manager

No matter how much she nags you about your homework or gets mad when you don't eat your vegetables, your mother loves you. So this Mother’s Day, do something extra special to show her just how much you appreciate and care about her. You’re sure to brighten up the rest of her year!

Source:http://www.idiva.com/bin/idiva/What-celeb-moms-love-most?ApReferalURL=yahoo































No comments:

Post a Comment